Us

Us
August 2013

Friday, September 9, 2011

Quick! I need a tissue!!

*Caution, this blog entry is NOT for the weak at heart.  In fact, if you are currently not a mom, and ever intend to become one, it is strongly advised that you do NOT read this blog!  Consider yourself forewarned!

Well, what we thought was teething (over 2 weeks ago) has essentially turned out to be a little virus for our monkey.  This is nurse/mom-diagnosed, of course, cause that's just how we roll!  It's been a busy few weeks, full of extra cuddling, holding, screaming, crying, Tylenol, boogers and dirty diapers... LOTS of extra boogers and LOTS of dirty diapers.  Any time Levi has more than one dirty diaper within a 24hr time period, we refer to it as "Poop Day."  This usually happens once, sometimes twice a week.  However, we seem to have had 2weeks of non-stop Poop Days.  And we're not talking about your average, everyday, dirty diaper.  Nope, we're talking the pull your face back, scrunch up your nose, squint your watery eyes, cough and gag (while at the same time trying to hold your breath as the puffs of warm, moist malodorous air punches you in the face) kind of diapers.  I've actually had a few fears that I would come back to see a hole burned through the diaper pale. 
 Yuk!
  We've also had an excess of boogers.  In fact, I'm pretty sure this is the first time Levi has experienced eating his own boogers.  Try as I may, his nose is running faster than my tissue can swipe, so I'm pretty sure a tiny bit may have reach the upper lip/tongue area.  (I'm crossing my fingers he didn't enjoy the taste of them).  He's been waking up with crusties smeared from one ear to the other, and clogged nostrils that crunch when you touch them.  Today, he somehow figured out how to blow bubbles with his boogers.  That was fun.  For a moment I actually considered taking a picture of his booger bubble, but I decided I didn't want to become one of "those" moms. Figured I didn't want to cross that line.  =)
I'm betting all of you with children have had days like these, and I'm sure we will experience this many, many more times in our future.  He's already on the mend and I'm thinking we'll be done with this virus in no time.
So, I will conclude this awfully gross blog with a super cute picture of my little monkey.  No boogers, just peas and a whole lotta cuteness. 

Yup, this is the face that makes all the grossness of the past 2 weeks totally worth the disgustingness of it all. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment