Us

Us
August 2013

Friday, February 22, 2013

January 19th = 7 months

 Life in La Familia de Gallegos is really starting to settle down since becoming a family of four.  Lexi is now 7 months old. 
LOVE her.  Let me repeat myself, I LOVE this baby girl to pieces! Her cheeks are so cute I could eat them!

Lexi has really taken to a routine and a schedule, making her days quite predictable and thus much easier for us.  She doesn't fight nap time or bedtime (just lay her down and she goes to sleep, most of the time without even fussing) and since the beginning of January she is back to sleeping 8-10 hours a night!  *insert a chorus of angels singing "AAAAAAleluia, alleluia, alleeeeeluuuuuiiiaaaaaaa!!!"* 
 
She can sit up on her own, loves playing in her exersaucer, and we are starting to see more of her personality develop. 
She giggles, talks, squalks and sqeaks, and she can go from one end of the room to other in no time flat; she's a master roller.

Sporting a nice, after bath little boy comb over, curtesy of Daddy.  To me, she looks like a mini-Levi in this picture.
A little quirk about her is that she is obsessed with cartoons.  *sigh*  It never donned on me that the few times that Levi sits down to watch cartoons, she is watching also.  It's not like I have ever put her down and turned on a cartoon for her to watch (although I'm not so sure that's never happened when Daddy's home alone with the kids. LOL!), but I admit I have neglected to shield her from watching them when Levi does.  And now?  Yeah, that girl will crank her neck to get a glimpse of Veggie Tales!  She likes to kick her whole body to beat of the theme song.  She's even been known to burst out in tears if I take her out of the room while it's on.  Oh dear!  Our 7 month old is already a TV-watching-cartoon addict.  :(  Talk about a parenting failure!  Oh well.  It just means we now pay closer attention to how long the TV is on and how much time they are really spending watching it.  I guess I just won't win the next Mother-of-the-year award. ;)



~~Some quick growth stats:



Lexi, at 6 1/2 months, weighed in at 16lbs 12oz and was 26 3/4 inches tall.


Another daddy-done hair do.  Look close and you can see some of her super duper long crazy baby hairs.  And just how long are they??
 7 months long!

No comments:

Post a Comment