Us

Us
August 2013

Friday, April 26, 2013

First Beach Visit of 2013

The sun came out and the temperature finally creeped it's way up to the 70s, so the kids and I packed up, threw on our shorts and sunglasses, and met up with some wonderful friends at Sunny Side beach in Steilacoom.  It was an absolutely gorgeous day to pretend it was summer!

As soon as we hit the sand, Levi was tugging at my shorts asking me to help take his shoes off, then he headed straight down to the water. 

Toes in the sand, sun in his eyes - a happy boy!  Here he is with his silly "say cheeeeeese" grin. :)
He wasn't deterred at all by the cold water.  He had me a little worried that I would at some point have to go in there after him, and I was not nearly as excited as him about getting wet.  Thankfully, he was very well behaved and stayed relatively close to me.
Lexi, on the other hand, hung out with me and Ms. Alissa for the most part, which made her quite happy.



This next picture is a great example of what happens when the sun is too bright for you to see the screen on your phone, but you attempt to take pictures anyways.  Yup, I thought I was taking pictures of the kids, when I was actually taking pictures of myself taking pictures.  Nice one, Laura.
Yes, there is a tiny Lexi underneath that hat.
Our beach buddies!  Alissa, holding baby Capri, Sarah, Mary-Hayden, and Sterling (he's the super cool dude standing on one foot wearing goggles).
And to the left was the rest of our beach buddies, Ainsley, Kadence, Kristy, and Kinsleigh.  Oh, it looks like I caught Lexi trying to steal herself some snacks out of Kristy's bag.  See!?  I told you that girl was serious about her food!
Digging in the sand with Isabella and Boone.

Lexi's first time playing in the sand.
Umm... another accidental picture of myself attempting to take pictures.




And this is a prime example of why our kids love Ms. Alissa so so much!  She feeds them, and she feeds them the good stuff.  This time it was Cheetos.  Lexi just sort of licked hers, but Levi went all out!  The sand on his hands obviously didn't slow him down.  I suppose that made them extra crunchy? =)


Ahhh... what a great way to spend a beautiful, sunshiny PNW day!

No comments:

Post a Comment