Us

Us
August 2013

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The First Four Weeks

Lexi Jane Gallegos

Yes, I do realize that I just completed a post with Lexi's two month pictures, and yes, I do realize that next week I will be taking pictures and writing a whole new blog about her being three months old.  So I'm going with the classic saying of "better late than never" when it comes to posting some pictures of Lexi at one month old.  You will just have to forgive my tardiness and lack of chronological order in this blog.  To be honest, when I think back to what life was like 4 weeks after having Lexi, I'm pretty proud of myself that I actually managed to get pictures taken at all!  =)  Recovering from surgery, caring for a newborn baby, helping a confused 18 month old transition into a new stage of life, attempting to maintain a home, feed a family and entertain guests - all at the same time... Yes, I know others have been through worse (and hats off to them, seriously!), but that's my story and my excuse, and I'm stickin' to it.  Ha!
Lexi was 10 days old for her newborn photo shoot.  It makes me smile to think that it only took us 3 hours to get her to fall asleep!  *sigh* Eh, she's worth the effort. Yes, I'm her mommy, but isn't she beautiful!?

The first four weeks with two babies wasn't easy, but I have to admit it wasn't nearly as difficult as I feared it would have been.  My recovery the second time around was much easier, and Moises did an amazing job stepping up to the plate and caring for all 3 of us!  He totally earned his "Dad/Husband of the Year" award! 
Also, after Lexi was born we were SO blessed by our local friends and family!!  We had so many people come to our home and love on us with food and gifts that we almost didn't know what to do with everything.  Even before Lexi was born we were showered with love and gifts from so many wonderful, caring friends.  We are truly, truly grateful to God for placing such wonderful people in our lives.  Thank you to everyone, you all know who you are, and we pray that God will bless you in return for all the ways you have blessed us!!

Now back to the star of this posting... Here's more of miss Lexi Jane - at home - 1 month old.



At 2 weeks of life she weighed in at 8 lbs, 8oz, and 20 1/2 inches long.  (We didn't have a one-month doctor appointment, I guess she was too healthy for one, and we give all the praise to Jesus for keeping our baby healthy!)









When my mom came to visit she brought this dress with her.  This particular dress belonged to me as a baby.

So fun to now see Lexi wearing the same dress!

Okay, so maybe not so much fun for everyone. =) 
I do so hope Lexi enjoys the camera.  Something gives me the inkling she's going to be seeing it a lot in her tiny lifetime.  Just can't seem to get enough of this girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment